Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We know so many of you are anxious for an update on Laura so we will do our best to keep you informed. I just spoke with Heather, Laura's daughter, and she told me that the doctors will be giving her an epidural in the near future to help with the pain so they can begin to lower her sedation in an effort to work with her on her breathing. During her breaks from sedation she is communicating with her eyes, blinking and opening her eyes really wide in response to questions. Her ability to do this is extremely comforting to her family. We still don't know much concerning her brain injury. Time will be the biggest factor in evaluating the severity.
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura & Mylan,
    You have both been a set of second parents for me throughout my childhood and I want to express my gratitude. I know the Lord is watching over you and I will continue my prayers for a strong recovery. I love you both VERY much!
    Love, Lacey McCullough

    ReplyDelete