Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Family Fast

My dad has asked that we do a family fast this Sunday, with everyone breaking the fast with a prayer at 5:00 pm wherever they may be. If you would like to join us my sisters and I will be fasting specifically (among other things) that she will have peace and in graditude that her life was spared.

I was with mom yesterday and she opened her eyes for me. She blinked when I asked if she knew who I was and that was a huge relief to me. I can't imagine how confusing and scary it must be to wake up in that state. I know that the lack of knowlege about what we're dealing with is extrememly frustrating for me, and she is the least informed of us all.

She is still on a ventilator but initiating her own breaths. They are giving her an epidural today to help control the pain during breathing. I'm hoping that this means that we are getting closer to having them reduce the sedation for more than just a few minutes a few times a day.

She can have pictures on her wall and we are playing instrumental music to her (her favorite way to relax before the accident.)

Thank for all the love, support and prayers, Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love you all. Thanks for doing this so we can be updated without hounding you.

    Please, please call me if you need help in any way
    801413 8588.

    We will be sure to fast as well. You are all constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love laura, we live across the street and our kids and i are deeply sadden to hear of her accident. WE appreciate the updates and she is continually in our prayers. We hope the picture bethany drew will let her know we are thinking of her. Love, the simonsens.

    ReplyDelete